Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wardrobe Revamp #1

I really like the pale mint colour of this skirt and the heavy cotton fabric and of course it has pockets which I think every skirt and dress should have. However I wanted to add some finishing details and make it a more flattering length for me. I have been looking through my wardrobe recently after being inspired by a post over on the Live it. Love it. Make it. blog, looking at how I can make some changes to things that don't fit quite right anymore or need a little prettiness added.

Here is the skirt before

Here is the skirt after 

Here is a close up of the very pretty orange patterned bias binding I used for the edges of the skirt and the pockets.

I think the shortened length is much more flattering for me and I love the detail of the bias binding. A simple way to add something new. I would like to use some pretty Liberty bias binding on a plain t-shirt.

Love Lemon x

1 comment:

  1. I love it before but the after is so pretty. Such a good job, well done x

    ReplyDelete