Monday 30 December 2013

A New Year

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We have had lots of colds, coughs and sore throats here which hasn't been much fun but it was nice to spend Christmas at home with some amazing food thanks to my husband.
I have been reflecting on the past year and looking forward to the next. This year has been mostly about settling as a family of 4, moving to our new home by the sea and working the work/life balance. We have made a lot of changes, all of which have felt extremely beneficial. Our move to a new home by the sea was by far the biggest and has changed our lives. Having the sea at the end of the road has been pretty amazing not to mention the brilliant summer we have had. Our first family holiday and experience driving to France was a great success and we are now planning our next trip. Exercise has also been on our list this summer and I took up running while the Mr continued his passion and rides his bike several times a week. I always like to think about the year coming up and write out some goals and aims.
So 2014, goals and aims:

1. Crochet projects: Bed throw and 3 baby blankets on the list so far.
2. Improve on sewing skills - made easier with a dressmaking course I start in February - a Christmas present from my husband. I can't wait. I haven't made clothes since I was at school.
3. Painting projects - I have many but would love to at least get started. Bedside tables and TV cabinet up first.
4. Keep on running!
5. Write more blog posts and work with others - stylists, magazines and local companies.
6. I have also signed up to do The Big Blogging Bootcamp e-course in January.
7. Driving - I am not a confident driver so I would like to keep practising and doing some longer journeys.
8. Planning lots of family days out
9. Photography - improve skills, research, practise and use different formats including 35mm and polaroid.

What are your aims and goals?

Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2014 is a great year for you.

Love Lemon x

No comments:

Post a Comment