Monday 24 October 2011

Happy Monday

Well after an extremely uneventful weekend I thought a collection of the things that make me smile were in order. A husband with work to do and a sick little boy meant no family outings, however I did manage to check out some very inspiring blogs, since starting this blog I have enjoyed discovering all the very talented people out there. So here are a few things I love.

You can't beat homemade soup and fresh bread, my favourite is mushroom
I like to add Thyme to my mushroom soup
Flowers from the garden







Charity shop treasures
This placemat for 75p is perfect for my Ikea carafe



These fabrics are so pretty, now all I need is the perfect project for them



I'm very much a beginner at crochet but I really enjoy it so I'm trying to make time to teach myself more and more and practice lots. I would love to make a family blanket to cosy up with, maybe for next winter.


This week I am hoping to make some scones, practice doing some more crochet granny squares and have a play with the Washi tape I bought recently.

What keeps you smiling?

Love Lemon x

8 comments:

  1. aaah what pretty things! love the crochet - well done!! I'm yet to get it right....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Slowly but surely. I'm determined to have a whole blanket made one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment! I adore your beautiful flowers from the garden; how lucky you are to have these growing in your own backyard! Lovely vintage finds too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel. These are probably the last of the roses in the garden for this year. They are so pretty but the cold weather is kicking in now x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) Just found you through the BritMums blog hop. I love all the crafty pics here - have you found a project for that fabric yet? I have a feeling I'm going to be coming back often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi AMummyToo! I'm glad you like and please do come back! I haven't yet thought of a project for the fabric. Any ideas? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous, I can see why they make you smile! I would love, love, love to make my own blanket but I'm not very crafty. Maybe one day I'll learn and I'll have to love it even if it isn't perfect. Your week ahead sounds really nice, you are obviously very talented *jealous face* ;) X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think handmade with some imperfections make it all the more special. Thank you so much loveyoueverything. I hope the wedding plans are going well! x

    ReplyDelete