Tuesday 13 September 2011

Moving to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches.....

It's nearly a month now since me and my family moved from London to the Suffolk countryside so I thought it a good time to write an update of how country living is going.

It still feels strange knowing that we are in the middle of countryside, that I can't just get on a bus, train or tube and be anywhere in London. But it's a calmer, more relaxed way to live and I like it a lot. Ten or even five years ago I don't think I would have felt that way but it's the right time to be here.

There have been days when the street we live in has looked as though everyone has left the area but then other days when there are kids on bikes and people washing cars and it feels safe and nice.

I like that when we drive to another village or town or even to the beach there is no traffic. Gone are the stressful journeys when we used to wish we had never left the house! I like smiling and saying hello to people – in London I would do it anyway (sometimes) and get mixed reactions but here it's always the same smile or hello back.

Most of all, I like the way my family can relax here and enjoy the space we have. The move has opened up opportunities and generally made us think about what we want as a family and individually.

I have been back to London since for a weekend and had a Saturday night out in Soho like the old days and I did enjoy it but I was very pleased to come home the next day and I think that speaks volumes.







Love Lemon x

No comments:

Post a Comment