Monday 26 September 2011

Crafty South Londoners

Although I am no longer living in London I have wanted to do this blog post for a while, to share all the lovely crafty events and things happening in South London that I enjoyed so much when I lived there and some things that I just never got around to doing. Hopefully some of you South Londoners will find this useful.

Firstly.... SW Craft - a blog site that has so much information about craft courses, meet ups and great crafty places to visit. They also host some great events in the area. If something crafty is happening in South London these guys will know about it.

Oh Sew - Brixton - I didn't get around to booking on any of their courses but I just loved the fact that they did a variety of courses and you could choose something like 'Easy 50's Dress' which would of been right up my street.

Swish and Pout - This is a fantastic idea and I am always looking for a way to re cycle and get use out of some of the clothes I no longer wear. Clothes swapping is the new way to revitalise your wardrobe without the expense!

The Scarlet Peacock - I was bought a crochet course for Christmas which took place in February. I absolutely loved it. It was a small group and we had tea and chocolate biscuits while we learnt to crochet a lovely flower brooch. Everything was provided for us from the gorgeous Debbie Bliss yarn to the purple crochet hook. It was nice to learn something new in a relaxed atmosphere and great to walk away with a finished item after just 2 evening classes. There are lots of different classes to choose from including knitting, quilting, sewing and cupcake making.

FEAST - I also wanted to mention this market in West Norwood. I went to the very first one and it was such a good atmosphere. Loads of stalls and I got to meet some lovely crafty people, the market takes place on the first Sunday of every month.

I met Amy Aardvark who designs and prints her very own lamp shades that are so gorgeous!


Please post a comment below if you have any London craft events/blogs/groups to add.

Love Lemon x

My first ever crochet flower brooch I made at The Scarlet Peacock

2 comments:

  1. You should check out The Knitting and Stitching show at Alexander Palace - Lots of exhibits and workshops... http://www.twistedthread.com/pages/exhibitions/viewExhibition.aspx?id=32

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good and I know the area too, thanks for adding this x

    ReplyDelete