Tuesday 15 March 2016

Kitchen Colour

As usual things have been busy around here. I have 2 boys so let's face it there isn't going to be too many dull moments. Christmas and the start of a new year all flying by and here we are in March! At the start of this year I began to think about this blog and whether it was something I should keep doing and find the time to do more. I love blogging but it can be hard to fit in on a regular basis. However this blog along with Pinterest, Instagram and my scrapbook are all such great places to fill with ideas and inspiration.

Ages ago I was invited along to a talk by Interior Stylist and writer Joanna Thornhill who with Dulux talked through how to choose colours for our homes. You can read about that here.

A few of us bloggers attending were asked to bring some colour inspiration and a project in mind that we could discuss. I chose to take a vintage tea cup that had the most amazing turquoise blue colour. I decided it would be an amazing colour for my table legs and chairs in my kitchen. 

Ok so it's taken me a long time to do this but since then I have moved house and my kitchen table has changed but I still loved the idea of using this blue colour that was provided by the lovely people at Dulux. 

So here it is. A very small change to this table. It was once untreated wood and used as a desk but I cleaned it up, varnished the top and then added the blue. I love the pops of colour appearing in our kitchen. We use this table so much as its in our sunny kitchen and such a nice place to hang out.

A close up of my inspiration for the colour from my vintage tea set:
These chairs were £3 each from a charity shop. I cleaned them up and added new seat pads which I recovered in a matt oilcloth so they could be easily cleaned. You can see the chair legs before they were painted here too.

I hope that the promise of Spring is inspiring some of you to get painting!

Love Lemon x


2 comments:

  1. so nice collection never seen before such rare things kitchen linens. thanks for sharing this information.consumer reports best cough suppressant

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.lysol disinfectant spray warnings

    ReplyDelete