Monday 4 November 2013

Little Yellow Birds

I enjoy shopping but with two boys it's not something I get to do a lot these days. Thank goodness for internet shopping and some great online stores – especially when it comes to products with a little something individual and one-off. I found Little Yellow Birds where I find most of these stores – through social media. Little Yellow Birds has so many wonderful products to choose from and something I always like to see – a lot of colour!

So when I was asked to do a review for them I jumped at the chance and chose some gorgeous Cable and Cotton lights in a Morocco colour combination.

Well, not only was the product itself just what I imagined – a quality product with a reasonable price tag – but the delivery was speedy and the packaging was a delight. I was expecting wrapping like most shops offer, online stores included, but I must say I do love packaging and I adored the bright yellow fabric bag that came with my goodies. It felt just like getting a present.
I chose lights to add some colour to the rather dark and gloomy fireplace in our living room that is blocked and therefore not used. It needed something and I wanted it to be fun; candles would look lovely but with young children aren't an option. I bought a wicker planter a while ago and had the idea to cover it in some form of lighting and place in the fireplace. The Cable and Cotton lights are just perfect and add so much to the once bare space. I have lots of yellow, orange, turquoise and green in my living room, so these colours really complement it.

Tip: I used very thin plastic coated wire that I picked up at my local DIY store to hold the lights in place.

Love Lemon x

Disclosure: I was asked to review a product from Little Yellow Birds, please note that all opinions are my own and the product was selected to suit my blog and readers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE these! I've been wanting something similar for the boys bedrooms.
    They look amazing around the wicker planter, well done. What a beautiful feature xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Have a look on the site, they have other colours to choose from. I'm so glad they look as good as I imagined in my head! x

      Delete